Hi Rusmin and Victor,
I am looking at Singtel’s 2016 Annual Report. https://www.singtel.com/content/dam/singtel/investorRelations/annualReports/2016/Singtel_AR2016.pdf
My purpose is to calculate its Debt to Cash ratio and wish to confirm I am taking the correct Debt figure.
Under Page 129 – Financial Position:
- Current Liabilities – Borrowings – (i)Unsecured – $595.5 (ii) Secured – $90.2
- Non Current Liabilities – Borrowings – (i)Unsecured – $9019 (ii) Secured – $236
- Should I take into account the “Derivatives Financial Instruments”?
Under Page 135 – Cash Flow from Financing Activities:
- Should I take into account Net Proceeds from Borrowings – $1128.7?
Did I miss out any other?
Hope my queries are clear and Thanks in advance
Hi Chee Hong,
- To be conservative I will suggest you take the Derivatives Financial Instruments as debt.
- Only take debt from the balance sheet. The one from the cash flow statement you can ignore
You are right on all the questions. Keep up the good work and let me know if you still need any help. I am more than happy to answer your questions.