I encounter difficulties to fill in IQ financial analysis spread sheet when I was trying to analyze banking stocks. The balance sheet and income statement are different from other sectors.
I believe banking annual report is using different term for below items. It would be helpful if you can guide me to look for:
- cost of goods sold
- SGA expenses
- Assets – Annual report merged current and non-current assets
- cash and short-term funds – I believe this is belongs to current assets.
- Securities held-for-trading/for-sale/maturity, derivative financial assets, deferred tax assets – not sure
- liabilities – Annual report merged current and non-current liabilities
- Deposits from customer/placement in banks – I believe this should belongs to current liabilities.
- Derivative financial liabilities, hybrid capital securities, provision for tax expenses and zakat, deferred tax liabilities – not sure
The investment quadrant system cannot be used for bank stocks as it require a different set of ratios and thinking to analyse them. Unfortunately, we do not have the competent or experience to analyse bank stock.
I found some links on the internet that may be of your interest about analysing bank below:
Please login or Register to submit your answer