Select Page
QuestionsCategory: Financials QuadrantAims APAC financials
Tan Bao Ling asked 5 months ago

Hi Victor,
I\\\’m trying to fill up the financial quadrant for Aims APAC. May I know if these items are categorized correctly?
COGS:
Property operating expenses
SGA: 
Manager\\\’s management fees
Other trust expenses
Non-property expenses
Do I need to include Borrowing costs also?
Thanks

Attachments
3 Answers
Victor Chng answered 5 months ago

Hi Bao Ling,
 
The Investment Quadrant method can;t be use on REITs, Banks or Insurance as they are different breed of companies that required different perspective and financial ratio to look at them. 

Victor Chng replied 5 months ago

Their sets of financial numbers are totally different from what is taught here.

Tan James answered 4 months ago

Hi Victor,
You said; “The Investment Quadrant method can;t be use on REITs, Banks or Insurance..”.
So. are you saying this IQ Program is only dedicated to evaluate Growth Stocks, thats about it ???

Victor Chng answered 4 months ago

Hi James,
 
There are different type of companies that are listed in the stock market. Majority of them are the typical operating business while the rest are special breed that required a new perspective to look at and different ratio to analyse. The typical operating business will account 80% of the stocks in the market while the rest of the 20% account the banks, insurance and REITs. 
 
I will say Investment Quadrant is use to analyse the 80% of the stocks which are the normal operating business that does not have special ratios to look at.